Tuesday, September 3, 2013

pumpkin madness

I love pumpkin and there is no lie that when Caribou Coffee starts selling it's pumpkin lattes in the fall I'm like the first to line up. Pumpkin is a soul food. It's just pure and hearty and beautiful.... It's the color and the texture and the weight of it all that just makes winter squash so divine to me. So without further adieu here is the best ever Pumpkin cookie with cream cheese frosting you'll ever indulge in. I can't tell you how many I ate because if I did you'd think I was really irresponsible and well childish. But it might have been like five or something. I lost count. So don't tell me I didn't warn you. oh and I brought two dozen to work today and they were all gone in 20 minutes. Now THAT is responsible. Let someone else worry about their expanding waistline while you giggle behind your desk. Enjoy!! ;-)




Soft Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies 
Yield: 3 dozen

2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of butter softened
1 1/2 c sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Frosting

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup softened cream cheese
2-3 c of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, spices, salt and sodas and set aside. 
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tounded tablespoons. Bake for 15 minutes until bottoms look lightly browned.

For Frosting

Cream butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar and cinnamon together. When cookies are cooled spread unto cookie and sprinkle with roasted pecans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS